Reality v. Practicality


When I come to think of it, it doesn't seem that simple. This summer, when I came back home and saw Mom all hustled up about behen’s shaadi, the preparations she has already started, I was highly taken aback. Not at the moment, but after sometime when in the night, after having consumed a lot of Nutella and watching random Friends’ episodes, I was about to fall asleep. It was the music that made me think. Not immediately, though. It first made me think of a partner for myself. You know, boyfriend types. The one for me. The one I would hang out with. The one with whom I would have long chats on the phone or anywhere else. But I guess, a lot of that feeling is induced. A lot of it finds its way into me because I see other people doing it. But somewhere, I do want it too. Who that will be, is a different question altogether. I know I have friends. I know they are there for me. But then, you always like to have someone special. And much of what resists me from going into all of this someone else’s bad experience. Why should that refrain me from experiencing the feeling altogether? It’s like depriving me of one entire phase that every human being goes through.

But all this, all this thinking, I know wouldn't materialize so easily. This isn't going to be cakewalk. And if you expect Mom and Dad to accept all this so easily, then I think I am asking for a lot. It’s just being too much of a brat. Come to think of it practically. What you need to know is that despite all what you do in your life should not affect others adversely, however much gross or however much wrong it might be from the other person’s point of view. I mean if I choose to remain single for a long period of time in my life, then you first of all, need to be clear in your head that after the lapse of that long period of time, you will find someone. Till that period, the best you can do is to carry on, status quo. I know it’s amazing to imagine the maple leaves falling and the park bench beside that ornate British lamp with a dog walking bye and there in the midst of all the leaf litter, you’re there with the one. But then darling, a line needs to be drawn between the imaginary and the real. It’s good to imagine. Imagine the best possible. So that in reality what you achieve, even if it’s a notch nearer to what you've expected, its’ a great job done and accomplished. However, if it’s completely contrary to what you've wished for and expected, then it’s both yours and destiny’s fault.

So, just don’t fall prey to your imaginations and Jeff Buckley’s voice, be stark on the ground realities, carry on with the job you’re doing, or trying to……and maybe, sometime in the future, you will have your day, your way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Spoils (II)

Love Spoils

Oh god, fuck me